Rules governing the use of the Swedish Research Council logotypes
The Swedish Research Council logotypes may be used in cases where:
- The Swedish Research Council dispatches a print product, or organises a conference or other event, either individually or together with other actors such as universities or other research councils.
- The media (newspapers, TV or digital media) need to use the logotype as an illustration in connection with a news report or the like.
- External agencies/printing firms produce products for the Swedish Research Council and need to download the logotype to use it on a print product etc. The logotype shall always be used on the Swedish Research Council's own material.
- A researcher, researcher group or organisation has been awarded grant funding from several research councils (e.g. the Swedish Research Council for Health, Working life and Welfare (Forte), the Swedish Research Council for Environment, Agricultural Sciences and Spatial Planning (Formas) and the Swedish Governmental Agency for Innovation Systems (Vinnova)) and the other bodies have consented to the use of their respective logotypes. In such cases, the Swedish Research Council logotype may also be used to highlight the funding agencies.
The Swedish Research Council logotypes may not be used in cases where:
- The Swedish Research Council is the sole funder of a research project. Researchers who are awarded funding must however mention the Swedish Research Council by name when they publish their research results. This is to ensure that it will be possible to find the research in different publication databases.
- The Swedish Research Council has awarded conference grants. The logotype may only be used in cases where the Swedish Research Council is a co-organiser with influence over the conference content. In other cases, the name of the Swedish Research Council may be used.
The graphical placement and use of the logotypes
The placement of the logotype shall always be in line with the graphical profile of the Swedish Research Council:
- In principle, it is the vertical logotype of the Swedish Research Council that shall be used.
- The logotype shall be used on a white background. This also applies to the use of the black logotype.
- On a coloured background however, the logotype negative must be used.
- There must always be enough space left around the logotype for it to be clearly visible and legible.
- The logotype must always be reproduced in its entirety. It may not be cut to size, shared or otherwise altered.
- The logo may never be used together with another name or text.
Downloading the Swedish Research Council logotype
Select the logotype that you wish to download from the right-hand column. Save the file on your hard drive.
Questions about the use of the Swedish Research Council logotype
Do you have questions about to the use of the Swedish Research Council logotype in scientific contexts or in the media? Please contact Mr. Erik Hagbard Couchér, Art Director at the Swedish Research Council.
Do you represent a company that has provided services to the Swedish Research Council and would like to request permission to use the logotype as a reference?
Please contact Mr. Mikael Jonsson, Head of Communications at the Swedish Research Council.